Hello lovelies! I haven’t posted in some time because…lack of inspiration to be honest. Summer, amiright? But fear not, we’re back! This will be a quick post to talk about some things you can get at Disney for FREE! That’s right, there are a few things you can get without opening your wallet (or charging to your room) at the most magical place on earth.
- Fastpass+ I included this because of a few conversations I’ve had recently where people have urged me to “pay for the fastpass thing!” I have to fill them in on the fact that Fastpass+ is a totally free service included with park admission. For those of you new to Disney, Fastpass+ allows you to skip the stand-by line and skip right onto your ride of choice. You may reserve 3 per day in advance, and when those are used, you can continue to reserve one at a time for the rest of your day using a kiosk in the parks or the My Disney Experience app. This is something that many other parks charge money for and it’s nice to see Disney throw it in as a freebie.
- Celebration buttons You’ve scrimped and saved to treat little Bobby to a trip to Walt Disney World for his birthday-let the world know about his special day! You can get a nice big Happy Birthday button (or other celebratory occasion) at your Disney resort or at one of the parks. Most cast members will even take the time to write the requested name on the button and tape over it to keep the ink from wiping off. This makes a great free personalized souvenir and the person wearing the button will get lots of special greetings from cast members.
- Water Ok, this doesn’t seem like a big deal, but when you’re trudging around in the Florida heat, it seems like quite a luxury to have a free cup of ice cold water to quench your thirst. This freebie can often eliminate the need to bring a bulky water bottle into the parks. Any counter service restaurant (that has a soda dispenser) will be able to do this for you, just ask!
- Cool transportation Who doesn’t want to ride on a monorail or a beautiful ferry? All transportation on Disney property is free! You can take a boat across the Seven Seas Lagoon from the Poly to the Magic Kingdom, or from Port Orleans to Disney Springs, or take a tour of the Lagoon resorts on the monorail. You don’t even need a park ticket for this freebie.
- Resort Entertainment All Disney resorts offer some sort of entertainment. From poolside games for the kids and outdoor movies by the pool to live music. You don’t have to be a guest of a resort to enjoy their offerings (except for the pools.) Fort Wilderness is known for their campfire and sing along with Chip and Dale. You can even bring S’more fixin’s (or buy some if your forgot yours.) The Grand Floridian offers live piano music during the day and then in the afternoon and evening, the Grand Floridian Society Orchestra entertains with jazz, Disney tunes and ragtime. At Port Orleans-Riverside, the legendary “Yeeha Bob” plays piano, sings and offers a knee-slapping good time-for free!
Those are my top freebies at Walt Disney World. Do you have anything to add to my list? Comment and let me know!